IMPORTANT! AS WITH ALL CONTRACTS, IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN READ THE AGREEMENT BELOW AND AGREE TO IT FOR YOU. IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO READ AND AGREE TO THIS, YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THIS SITE. ALWAYS GET AN ADULT'S PERMISSION BEFORE GOING ONLINE.
2. Access To The ServicesThe www.splashmath.com,www.splashlearn.com website and domain name and all other websites and domain names affiliated with Company, and any other linked pages, features, content, or application services (including the "SplashLearn" and other applications) offered from time to time by Company in connection therewith (collectively, the "Website") are owned and operated by Company. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Company may offer to provide certain services, as described more fully on the Website, and which are selected by you through the process provided on the Website (together with the Website, "Services"), solely for your own use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party. The term "Services" shall include, without limitation, any service Company performs for you and the Content (as defined below) offered by Company on the Website. Company may change, suspend or discontinue the Services at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content. Company may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify this Agreement at any time by posting a notice on the Website, or by sending you a notice via email or postal mail. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Your use of the Services following such notification constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement as modified. You represent and warrant to Company that:
- 2.1 You are an individual (i.e., not a corporation) and you are of legal age to form a binding contract(or, if you are a minor, you have your parent's permission to use the Services, and your parent has read and agrees to this Agreement on your behalf);
- 2.2 All registration information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- 2.3 You will maintain the accuracy of such information;
- 2.4 If a child under the age of 13 will be using the Website or Services, you are the parent or legal guardian of that child. You also certify that you are legally permitted to use and access the Services and take full responsibility for the selection and use of and access to the Services. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the Services is revoked in such jurisdictions.
A child's usage information, such as scores from games and assessments is only shared in an aggregated anonymous manner and never in a way that could personally identify the minor. For example, you might know your child's math scores rank in the top 10% for children in that zip code, but Company will never identify or compare a minor's score that personally identifies a minor.
In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that your child or a minor may have provided us personal information beyond what is requested when signing up for the Website, please contact us at [email protected].
4. Additional Terms.
4.2 If you are under the age of thirteen and using the Website or Services, the following terms also apply to you:
- 4.2.1 Remember, you must get your parent or guardian to read this Agreement before using the Website.
- 4.2.2 You will only access the Services using the Website or Services through your parent or guardian's profile, not anyone else's. You may not use the Website or Services using anyone else's application or user profile.
4.3 If you are accessing the Services as a parent, the following terms also apply to you:
- 4.3.1 You will only allow minor for whom you are legally responsible to use the Website and Application, and only through an account established and paid for by you.
- 4.3.2 You agree not to allow the minor log into or use any chat room, feedback forum, or blog that may be present on the Website or through the Services.
You understand that your acceptance of this Agreement indicates that you are agreeing to these terms both on your own behalf as well as on behalf of your child or children who use the Website. Children under 18 must not use the Website, however, until after a parent has accepted this Agreement on their behalf.
5. Website ContentThe Website and its contents are intended solely for the personal, non-commercial use of Website users and may only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. All materials displayed or performed on the Website (including, but not limited to text, graphics, articles, photographs, images, illustrations (also known as the "Content")) are protected by copyright. You shall abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services, and shall not use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purposes whatsoever any Content or third party submissions or other proprietary rights not owned by you:
- 5.1 Without the express prior written consent of the respective owners, and
- 5.2 In any way that violates any third party right.
6. User ContentIn the course of using the Services, you and other users may provide information which may be used by Company in connection with the Services and which may be visible to certain other users.
If you are School Personnel accessing the Service on behalf of a school, school district, or other similar educational institution, you agree that you are acting on behalf of (or have received all necessary permission from) your Institution to enter into this Agreement and to register and use the Service as part of your curriculum. The School Personnel is responsible for obtaining any necessary approvals from their school's authorities and administrators before using the Service.
7. OwnershipYou also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Services a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Services, and to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Services and under this Agreement. Furthermore, you understand that Company retains the right to reformat, modify, create derivative works of, excerpt, and translate any User Submissions submitted by you. You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Services is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated and that Company will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content. You understand that Company cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the Services. Additionally, Company cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data which users may provide about themselves. You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Services is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to any party resulting therefrom. Under no circumstances will Company be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred in connection with use of or exposure to any Content posted, emailed, accessed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Services.
8. Your WarrantyYou warrant, represent and agree that you will not contribute any Content or otherwise use the Services in a manner that
- 8.1 Infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights, rights of publicity or privacy, or other rights of any third party;
- 8.2 Violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- 8.3 Is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or otherwise objectionable;
- 8.4 Involves commercial activities and/or sales without Company's prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- 8.5 Impersonates any person or entity, including without limitation any employee or representative of Company; or
- 8.6 Contains a virus, trojan horse, worm, time bomb, or other harmful computer code, file, or program.
Company reserves the right to remove any Content from the Services at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if Company is concerned that you may have breached the immediately preceding sentence), or for no reason at all.
You, not Company, remain solely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise disseminate using, or in connection with, the Services, and you warrant that you possess all rights necessary to provide such content to Company and to grant Company the rights to use such information in connection with the Services and as otherwise provided herein.
9. RestrictionsYou are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your right to access or use the Services.
You may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Company user.
Use of the Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material (including material that may be considered threatening or obscene), or engage in any kind of illegal activity is expressly prohibited.
You will not run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, or "spam" on the Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged on to the Website, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of or place an unreasonable load on the Services' infrastructure. Further, the use of manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Website is strictly prohibited.
You will not decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to obtain the source code of the Services. You will be responsible for withholding, filing, and reporting all taxes, duties and other governmental assessments associated with your activity in connection with the Services.
10. Warranty DisclaimerCompany has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Company has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gains access to the Services; what Content you accesses via the Services; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Company from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. The Services may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Company makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Services, and Company will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services.
THE SERVICES, CONTENT, WEBSITE AND ANY SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Registration And SecurityAs a condition to using some aspects of the Services, you may be required to register with Company and select a password and username ("Company User ID"). You shall provide Company with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your account. You may not select or use as a Company User ID a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; or Use as a Company User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization. Company reserves the right to refuse registration of or cancel a Company User ID in its discretion. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password.
13. IndemnityYou will indemnify and hold Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, and employees harmless (including, without limitation, from all damages, liabilities, settlements, costs and attorneys' fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your access to the Services, use of the Services, your violation of this Agreement, or the infringement by you or any third party using your account of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
14. Limitation Of LiabilityIN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY OR ITS SUPPLIERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES OR THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY AMOUNT IN THE AGGREGATE IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF FEES PAID BY YOU THEREFOR OR $100; FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER; FOR DATA LOSS OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; OR FOR ANY MATTER BEYOND COMPANY'S REASONABLE CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Fees And PaymentCompany reserves the right to require payment of fees for certain or all Services. You shall pay all applicable fees, as described on the Website in connection with such Services selected by you. Company reserves the right to change its price list and to institute new charges at any time, upon notice to you, which may be sent by email or posted on the Website. Your use of the Services following such notification constitutes your acceptance of any new or increased charges.
16. Third Party WebsitesThe Services may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Company, or the Services may be accessible by logging in through a third party website or service; for example, you may access the Services through Facebook by using its "Facebook Connect" functionality. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read and agreed to be bound by all applicable policies of any third party websites or services relating to your use of the Services and that you will act in accordance with those policies, in addition to your obligations under this Agreement. Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy, privacy policies, or practices of or opinions expressed in any third party websites. In addition, Company will not and cannot monitor, verify, censor or edit the content of any third party site. By using the Services, you expressly relieve and hold harmless Company from any and all liability arising from your use of any third party website. Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. You agree that Company shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that Company is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release Company, its officers, employees, agents, and successors in rights from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our service. If you are a California resident, you shall and hereby do waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
17. TerminationThis Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. You may terminate your use of the Services or your membership at any time by following the instructions on the Website. Company may terminate your access to the Services or your membership at any time, for any reason, and without warning, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your membership. Company may also terminate or suspend any and all Services and access to the Website immediately, without prior notice or liability, if you breach any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable.
Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services, access the Website, and any Content will immediately cease. All provisions of this Agreement which, by their nature, should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
- 18.1 The failure of either party to exercise, in any respect, any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- 18.2 Company shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Company's reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including "line-noise" interference).
- 18.3 If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- 18.4 This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with Company's prior written consent. Company may transfer, assign or delegate this Agreement and its rights and obligations without consent.
- 18.5 This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be finally settled by arbitration in Santa Clara County, California, using the English language in accordance with the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. ("JAMS") then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS. Judgment upon the award so rendered may be entered in a court having jurisdiction, or application may be made to such court for judicial acceptance of any award and an order of enforcement, as the case may be. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party shall have the right to institute an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable relief pending a final decision by the arbitrator. For all purposes of this Agreement, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the United States Federal Courts located in the Northern District of California. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Company in any respect whatsoever.
19. FERPA and California AB1584Regarding FERPA and California AB 1584 (Buchanan) Privacy of Pupil Records: 3rd-Party Digital Storage & Education Software (Education Code section 49073.1), SplashLearn will abide to the following:
- 19.1 Student records obtained by SplashLearn from an educational institution continue to be the property of and under the control of the educational institution. The educational institution retains full ownership rights to the personal information and education records it provides to the SplashLearn.
- 19.2 SplashLearn is not generating, collecting or storing any user-generated content.
- 19.4 Parents or legal guardians may review personally identifiable information in the student’s records and correct erroneous information by contacting their educational institution. Additionally, SplashLearn users may submit a request to delete the data using the contact information at the end of this section.
- 19.5 SplashLearn is committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of student records. Towards this end, we take the following actions: (a) we limit employee access to student data to only those employees with a need to such access to fulfill their job responsibilities; (b) we conduct background checks on our employees that may have access to student data; (c) we conduct regular employee privacy and data security training and education; and (e) we protect personal information with technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security safeguards in order to protect against unauthorized access, release or use.
- 19.6 In the event of an unauthorized disclosure of a student’s records, SplashLearn will (1) promptly notify Users unless specifically directed not to provide such notification by law enforcement officials. Notification shall identify: (i) the date and nature of the unauthorized use or disclosure; (ii) the Private Data used or disclosed; (iii) general description of what occurred including who made the unauthorized use or received the unauthorized disclosure; (iv) what SplashLearn has done or shall do to mitigate any effect of the unauthorized use or disclosure; (v) what corrective action SplashLearn has taken or shall take to prevent future similar unauthorized use or disclosure; and (vi) who at SplashLearn the User can contact. SplashLearn will keep the User fully informed until the incident is resolved.
- 19.7 SplashLearn will delete or de-identify personal information when it is no longer needed, upon expiration or termination of our agreement with an educational institution with any deletion or de-identification to be completed according to the terms of our agreement with the educational institution, or at the direction or request of the educational institution.
- 19.8 SplashLearn agrees to work with educational institution to ensure compliance with FERPA and the Parties will ensure compliance by providing parents, legal guardians or eligible students with the ability to inspect and review student records and to correct any inaccuracies therein as described in statement (4) above.
- 19.9 SplashLearn prohibits using personally identifiable information in student records to engage in targeted advertising.
20. Copyright Dispute PolicyCompany has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or DMCA (posted at www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of Company's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is listed at the end of this Section. It is Company's policy to block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users; and Remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements
If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through the Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- 20.1 A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- 20.2 Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- 20.3 Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Company is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- 20.4 Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
- 20.5 A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material identified in (3) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- 20.6 A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
It is Company's policy:
- 20.7 To remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- 20.8 To notify the content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- 20.9 That repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that Company will terminate such content provider's, member's or user's access to the Services.
If the content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or, pursuant to the law, the content provider, member, or user, must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- 20.10 A physical or electronic signature of the content provider, member or user;
- 20.11 Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- 20.12 A statement that the content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material; and
- 20.13 Content provider's, member's or user's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address, and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider's, member's or user's address is located, or, if the content provider's, member's or user's address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Company is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
21. Apple Device And Application TermsIn the event you are using the Services in connection with a device provided by Apple, Inc. ("Apple") or a Company application obtained through the Apple App Store (collectively, such uses are henceforth the "Application"), the following shall apply:
- 21.1 You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is concluded between you and the Company only, and not with Apple, and that Apple is not responsible for the Application or the Content;
- 21.2 The Application is licensed to you on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable basis, solely to be used in connection with the Services for your private, personal, non-commercial use, subject to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement as they are applicable to the Services;
- 21.3 You will only use the Application in connection with an Apple device that you own or control;
- 21.4 You acknowledge and agree that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application;
- 21.5 In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, including those implied by law, you may notify Apple of such failure; upon notification, Apple's sole warranty obligation to you will be to refund to you the purchase price, if any, of the Application;
- 21.6 You acknowledge and agree that Company, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have in relation to the Application;
- 21.7 You acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any third party claim that the Application or your possession and use of the Application infringes that third party's intellectual property rights, Company, and not Apple, will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such infringement claim;
- 21.8 You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country, and that you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- 21.9 You acknowledge and agree that, in your use of the Application, you will comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement which may affect or be affected by such use;
- 20.10 You acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple's subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and that upon your acceptance of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as the third party beneficiary thereof;
22. ContactIf you have any questions, complaints, or claims with respect to the Services, you may contact us at [email protected]
StudyPad, Inc. 548 Market, St #64304 San Francisco CA - 94104 Phone: +1 855 979 8948
Effective: April, 2011 Copyright © 2011-19 StudyPad, Inc., All rights reserved.