Are you looking for some parenting quotes to inspire you or your kids? Or maybe you want to share some wisdom from your parents or lighten up the load of this tough job with some funny quotes. Whatever the case, these quotes are sure to bring a smile to your face!
Here are some great inspiring, witty & funny parenting quotes that every parent will relate to.
Parenting Quotes that Every Parent Will Relate To
- “I came to parenting the way most of us do — knowing nothing and trying to learn everything.” — Mayim Bialik
- “Encourage and support your kids because children are apt to live up to what you believe of them.” — Lady Bird Johnson, former First Lady of the United States
- “There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.” — Sue Atkins
Related Reading: Types of Parenting Styles and Their Effects on the Child
- “Having a child is like getting a tattoo … on your face. You better be committed.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.”— Robert Fulghum
- “The truth is, parenting as well as we can is always hard – really, truly, the hardest thing any of us has ever done.”— Laura Markham
- “First babies have the often-unenviable task of turning people into parents.”— Penelope Leach
- “I don’t know what’s more exhausting about parenting: the getting up early, or acting like you know what you’re doing.”— Jim Gaffigan
- “God, why does a mortal man have children? It is senseless to love anything this much.”— Barbara Kingsolver
- “As your kids grow up, they may forget what you said, but they won’t forget how you made them feel.”— Kevin Heath
- “People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.”— Leo Burke.
- “Having children is like living in a frat house: nobody sleeps, everything is broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.”— Ray Romano
- “I feel very blessed to have two wonderful, healthy children who keep me completely grounded, sane and throw up on my shoes just before I go to an awards show just so I know to keep it real.” — Reese Witherspoon, actress
- “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” — James Baldwin
- “You dropped your kid off a changing table? Stuff just happens, okay? Last week, my kid ate a cigarette. I caught him playing in the dryer yesterday. I picked up the wrong baby from daycare. I found my baby swimming in the toilet. No judging.” — ‘What To Expect When You Are Expecting’
- “When your children are teenagers, it’s important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you.” — Nora Ephron
- “Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home.” — Phyllis Diller
- “I don’t think it matters how many parents you’ve got, as long as those who are around make their presence a good one.” ― Elizabeth Wurtzel
- “Why don’t kids understand their nap is not for them, but for us?” —Alyson Hannigan
- “On our 6 a.m. walk, my daughter asked where the moon goes each morning. I let her know it’s in heaven, visiting Daddy’s freedom.” — Ryan Reynolds
- “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” — Kate Winslet
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “My daughter told me I looked like a piñata and I take that as the highest compliment.” — Mindy Kaling
- “A baby changes your dinner party conversation from politics to poops.” — Maurice Johnston
- “If you have never been hated by your child, you have never been a parent.” — Better Davis
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” — Princess Diana
- “The thing about parenting rules is there aren’t any. That’s what makes it so difficult.” — Ewan McGregor
- “The only man who has stolen my heart is my son.” — Sandra Bullock
- “I became the kind of parent my mother was to me.” — Maya Angelou
- “Your children are not your children, they come through you, but they are life itself, wanting to express itself.” — Wayne Dyer
- “The best kind of parent you can be is to lead by example.” — Drew Barrymore
- “Parenthood…it’s about guiding the next generation and forgiving the last.” — Peter Krause
Related Reading: Effective Parenting Tips for Different Age Groups
- “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” — Franklin P Adams
- “The point of parenting isn’t to have all the answers before we start out but instead to figure it out on the go as our children grow, because as they do, so will we.” — Bridgett Miller
- “Parents with their words, attitudes, and actions possess the ability to bless or curse the identities of their children.” — Craig Hill.
- The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.” — Peggy O’Mara
- “Parenting without a sense of humor is like being an accountant who sucks at math.”— Amber Dusick.
Help your kids not suck at math with fun games from SplashLearn! Sign up today & infuse fun into learning.
- “I thought I’d never be that annoying person, but as soon as Winnie was born, I was showing iPhone snaps to a cab driver.” — Jimmy Fallon
- “There’s no such thing as ready. You just jump on a moving train and you try not to die.” — A Dad, ‘What To Expect When You Are Expecting.’
- Don’t compare your child to others. There is no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.”— Unknown
We hope the above quotes resonate with all the parents, new & old. Have a parenting quote of your own to share? Write to us at email@example.com and we’d love to feature it on our socials!