Friendship day is a special day that celebrates the love between friends and the bond of trust and affection between them. As a parent, teach your kids the value of great friends they have with the help of some great school friendship quotes for kids. These friendship quotes for kids will not only teach them the value of friendship but also teach them to cherish and celebrate their friends. To help you out, we’ve curated 60 of our favorite quotes about friendship for kids of all ages- from funny to wholesome, you’ll find all kinds of quotes in this blog.
SplashLearn: Most Comprehensive Learning Program for PreK-5
SplashLearn inspires lifelong curiosity with its game-based PreK-5 learning program loved by over 40 million children. With over 4,000 fun games and activities, it’s the perfect balance of learning and play for your little one.Try for free
Here are more educational resources to inspire and bring out the best of your kids as social brings!
Top Friendship Quotes For Kids of All Ages
Looking for some school friendship quotes kids that they can use and learn to understand the precious bonds of friendship? Here are some of our top favorites, including specific ones like preschool friendship quotes and little girl best friend quotes.
- “A true friend is the greatest of all blessings.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.” — Unknown
- “A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than many friends who only know your smile.” — Unknown
- “A real friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” — Elbert Hubbard
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” — C.S. Lewis
- “A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself.” — Heidi Wills
- “A good friend knows all your best stories, but a best friend has lived them with you.” — Anonymous
- “True Friends aren’t the ones who make your problems disappear. They are the ones who won’t disappear when you’re facing problems.”— Anonymous
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” — William Shakespeare
- “Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words.” — George Eliot
- “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” — Arnold H Glasgow
- “A friend is like an oreo, it’s not always that great, but it always gets better!” — Erin Westbrook
- “Friends are medicine for a wounded heart and vitamins for a hopeful soul.” — Steve Maraboli
- “A real friend is the one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
- “A friend in need is a friend indeed.” — Latin Proverb
Related Reading: Powerful Education Quotes for Kids
- “Of all possessions, a friend is the most precious.” — Herodotus
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart.”— Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” — Misty Copeland
- “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” — Hellen Keller
- “Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure.” — Jewish proverb
- “Friendship doubles your joys, and divides your sorrows.” — Unknown
- “There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.” — Unknown
- “Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.” — Osho
- “A good friend remembers what we were and sees what we can be.” — Unknown
- “Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait to hear the answer.” — Unknown
- “Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” — Mencius
- “It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters.” — Unknown
- “Things are never quite scary when you’ve got a best friend.” — Bill Watterson
- “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and be understood.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
Related Reading: Best Good Vibes Quotes to Help You Better Your Day
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
- “Friendship is not about having similar thoughts or interests, it’s about respecting the differences.” – Unknown
- “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success.” – Doug Larson
- “Friendship is the comfort of knowing that even when you feel alone, you aren’t.” – Unknown
- “Friends are the people who make you smile brighter, laugh louder, and live better.” – Unknown
- “True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light.” – Unknown
- “A true friend is one who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face.” – Unknown
- “True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
- “A friend is one who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” – Donna Roberts
- “Friends are the sunshine of life.” – John Hay
- “True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” – Habeeb Akande
- “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
- “Friendship isn’t about whom you’ve known the longest; it’s about who came and never left your side.” – Unknown
- “A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.” – Len Wein
Related Reading: Brilliant Math Quotes to Share with Students to Inspire Them
- “Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them… your smile, your hope, and your courage.” – Doe Zantamata
- “Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.” – John Evelyn
- “Friends are the sailors who guide your rickety boat safely across the dangerous waters of life.” – Sare and Cate
- “Friendship is the rainbow between two hearts sharing seven colors: feelings, love, sadness, happiness, truth, faith, secret, and respect.” – Unknown
- “A true friend is one who will be there when you need him, no matter what.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is the foundation of all relationships.” – Unknown
- “True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island… to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.” – Baltasar Gracian
- “Friends are like rainbows, they brighten your life when you’ve been through a storm.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is not about whom you have known the longest… It’s about who came, and never left your side.” – Anonymous
- “Good friends are like stars, you don’t always see them, but you know they are there.” – Christy Evans
- “Friendship is the most constant, the most enduring the most basic part of love.” – Ed Cunningham
- “A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked.” – Unknown
- “Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.” – Unknown
- “True friendship is never serene.” – Marquise de Sevigne
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” – Woodrow Wilson
Related Reading: Best Teacher Appreciation Quotes to Thank Your Educators
Friend quotes for kids are essential to teaching them the importance of friendship and can also help them wish their friends and build better relationships this friendship day! Teach them these best friend quotes for kids and help them understand the true meaning of friendship!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the benefits of children making friends?
A study published in the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships found that children who had close, positive friendships experienced less loneliness, depression, and anxiety than children who did not have close friendships. Also, children with close friendships had better social skills and were more confident in social situations. Making friends is an important part of kids’ lives. Having friends helps them develop their social skills and supports their emotional development. It also helps them to be more empathetic, and confident and boosts their happiness.
How can children improve their friendships?
Children can be taught to be good friends with their peers by encouraging them to share their things with others. Start by teaching them to share and empathize in the family (maybe with their siblings or cousins) and you’ll see the difference in their classroom behavior as well.
What do kids learn through friendships?
Children can learn to empathize, manage disagreements, listen to others, handle disagreements, and cooperate with other people through friendships.