Halloween is around the corner, and if you still haven’t yet picked a Halloween costume for your little one, don’t worry!
By now, most kids’ Halloween costumes have already been picked, or there are long queues ahead of costume stores waiting for you.
But, we have got your back. You can quickly make different Halloween costumes for kids at home.
DIY kids’ Halloween costumes will save you from the trouble of hopping from one store to another in the search for the perfect Halloween costumes for your family. It will also give you an opportunity to dress up your kid innovatively without spending much.
Check out these awesome kids’ Halloween costume ideas.
Best DIY Kids Halloween Costumes 2021
Witch Halloween Costume
Your daughter can make the cutest witch for Halloween without much effort. All you need is a black dress and one witch hat and your adorable witch is ready to hunt for candies.
Things Needed: A black dress, a broomstick, and a witch hat.
- Grab an old broom from your cleaning closet and break it a little to adjust it to your kid’s height.
- If you allow your kids to use a little makeup, red lipstick will perfectly complete your little witch’s look.
Vampire Bat Halloween Costume
If making a DIY witch costume was easy, then making a DIY vampire bat costume is definitely a piece of cake.
Things Needed: Umbrella, duct tape, black craft paper, and hairband.
- Remove the fabric from your old umbrellas. Make sure to remove all the threads and metal pieces from the fabric as they can hurt your kid.
- After that, cut the fabric in half and then fold each piece in half to wrap around your kid’s arms using the black duct tape.
- Stick paper-made ears on a hairband for vampire’s ears, and your sweet little vampire batman is ready.
Tooth Fairy Halloween Costume
If your kid is fascinated with the tooth fairy, you have come to the right place! You might have to do a little work, but you can easily make a DIY tooth fairy costume.
Things Needed: Tulle fabric, broomstick, hairband, toothbrushes, hot glue, and cardboard.
- First of all, you will need a tulle. Simply tie long cut-out pieces of tulle around a dress your kid no longer wears.
- For the big toothbrush, cut the end of a pool noodle to slip in a dustpan brush. You can use a broomstick in a center hole for better stability.
- Grab a hairband and hot glue some toothbrushes on it to make a tiara.
- Finally, cut out some cardboard wings, and your tooth fairy is all set to shine.
Also read: 10 Best DIY Halloween Games for Kids
Frankenstein’s Monster Halloween Costume
If your kid is obsessed with Frankenstein’s Monster, then you can easily create an inspired costume.
Things Needed: Empty milk cartons, a gunny sack, and green spray paint.
- Using a milk carton, you can create a monster’s head and paint it green.
- Next, cut the gunny sack sides to form top-wear for your kid.
- Lastly, paint your kid’s face and hands green to create Dr. Frankenstein’s terrifying monster.
Jar of Pickles and Pickle Halloween Costume
For your pair of siblings, a jar of pickles and an individual pickle can be an amazing Halloween costume idea.
Things Needed: Corrugated paper, cardboard, plastic sheeting for glass, green onesie, and long green twister balloons for the pickles.
- Cut out two circles from cardboard and then cut an inner circle from them to fit your kid’s body.
- Glue plastic sheeting to the cardboard circles to form a pickle jar.
- For your little sweet kid to complement the jar, grab an old green onesie and create a romper with felt polka dots on it.
- Blow some twisted green balloons to put in the jar and give one balloon to your little pickle.
Hot-Air Balloon Halloween Costume
A colorful hot-air balloon Halloween costume will perfectly suit your kid’s bubbly personality.
Things Needed: A big cardboard box and lots of balloons.
- Cut the cardboard box flaps and the bottom part to fit your kid in it.
- Next, attach two strong ribbons to the box for your kid to easily carry it.
- Finally, glue lots of colorful balloons on the top of the box to complete your costume.
Also read: Best Halloween Party Ideas for Kids
Men In Black Halloween Costume
This is the simplest DIY Halloween costume idea. For this costume, all you need is a black blazer, pants, tie, and cool sunglasses. That’s it! It will barely take a few minutes to dress up your kids in Men In Black Halloween costumes.
Things Needed: Black suit, tie shoes and sunglasses
Just make your kid wear a suit, tie, and cool sunglasses and you are done.
Raining Cats & Dogs Halloween Costume
The raining cats and dogs Halloween costume idea will definitely make people laugh, and your kid will be rich with candies and donuts in no time.
Things Needed: Umbrella, ribbons, hot glue, cats and dogs cutouts.
- Print out some cat and dog emojis and attach them to a thin ribbon.
- On your kid’s umbrella, hang all the emojis, and a cute version of cats and dogs raining is ready.
Piñata Halloween Costume
A piñata DIY Halloween costume is super easy and fun to make. It is the perfect costume idea for a toddler.
Things Needed: Old PJs that your kid no longer wears, or you can get an inexpensive PJ from the store, and colorful fabrics.
- Cut colorful felt into long rectangles and some fringes for about three-quarters up the side of each stripe.
- Get hot glue and then from bottom to top, attach fringes onto PJs.
- You can form a cone out of cardstock for ears, place a party blower in the middle, and cover it with fringes.
Librarian Halloween Costume
Want to dress up your kid smartly for Halloween? Then, a librarian costume idea is the best. Conveniently, you will have all the items at your home to make a librarian costume.
Things Needed: A collared blouse, cardigan sweater, plaid skirt, and glasses.
You can alter your skirt or blouse to make your kid’s costume. Don’t forget to add some books, a tight bun, and glasses to complete the stern librarian look.
Gumball Machine Halloween Costume
Within just 25 cents, you can make this Halloween costume for your little person. It is the perfect costume idea for babies.
Things Needed: A cap, onesies, and colorful woolen threads.
- Use woolen threads to make vibrant pom-poms and glue them to your kid’s cap.
- On onesies, you can draw a gumball machine structure, and your tiny baby is ready for Halloween!
Cowboy and Cowgirl Halloween Costumes
This is a super fun costume for siblings or friends. Your kids can steal the show at a Halloween party with their cowboy or cowgirl costume. In fact, your entire family can dress up as a farm family with matching Halloween costumes.
Things Needed: Cowboy or cowgirl boots, and hat
Just make your kid wear a cute dress with cowboy boots and a hat. And, your work is done.
Let’s Get Ready for Halloween!
There you have it, parents! These easy kids Halloween costumes are fun and you can make them in no time. Use your creativity because most of these Halloween costume elements are present in your home
You can also turn your DIY Halloween costume-making process into a fun family activity and celebrate your Halloween with loads of laughs.
On parting notes, SplashLearn would like to wish Happy Halloween to all the parents and their little pranksters. Happy Halloween, everyone!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the most popular children's Halloween costumes of all time?
Over the years, many Halloween costumes have become popular among children, such as costumes of characters like Scooby-Doo, Thor, Batman, and Snow White.
How can I dress up for Halloween without a costume?
To accompany your kids for Halloween, you can dress for the festival without a costume as well. Women can wear dark lipstick and makeup, add a festive headband. Men can wear a pumpkin tie, put some blood on the face (through the lipstick), etc.
What are classic Halloween costumes?
Today, you can experiment with different Halloween costumes to make your kid look different. But there are a few Halloween costume ideas that never go out of style are costumes of witches, clowns, devils, zombies, etc.