What is a Square?
A square is a quadrilateral.
We can find the shape of a square in a game board or chess board, a wall clock and in a slice of bread, around us.
Properties of a Square:
- A square has 4 sides and 4 vertices.
- All the sides of a square are equal in length.
- All interior angles are equal and right angles.
- The sum of the all the interior angles is 360°.
1. Square Shape Properties of sides, vertices, angles, and the sum of angles.
2. A square is also a type of polygon.
Here is the shape of a square,
You may find it in a chair.
All its sides are the same,
Also find it in a photo frame!
Let’s do it!
Ask your children to observe/spot things in which they can see the shape of a square, such as a cracker, a sandwich, or a fly swatter.
You can further ask them to make a ‘shapes scrapbook’ and have them draw or paste picture of things that are square shaped, in it.