Why parents choose SplashLearn for their second graders?
Intelligently adapts to the way each child learns
Get coins for each correct answer and redeem coins for virtual pets
Monitor progress with iPhone app, weekly emails and detailed dashboards
Tell Time to 5 Minutes- 2nd Grade Math
Second graders already know how to tell time to the quarter. This interactive time worksheet takes things further by helping children practice telling time to the nearest 5 minutes. Children learn to read time in words and digits and also set the clock to a given time.
- Say the same time in different ways, e.g., 12:40, 20 minutes to 1 or 40 past 12 are different ways of saying the same time.
- Say the time given in the digital format in words.
- Read the time on an analog clock in words and digits.
- Set the clock to a given time by rotating the minute hand.
- Calculate time elapsed by skip counting by 5.
Telling time is much more than a math lesson; it is a life skill. Whether it is attempting a timed test or making to a party on time, reading and understanding time is critical to accomplishing our daily tasks.
After being able to fluently read and set time to 5 minutes, children can move onto calculating elapsed time between given intervals.
Atomic clocks, also called primary clocks, are very accurate clocks that work with atoms. They lose only a second in 15 billion years!
Common Core Alignment
2.MD.7Tell and write time from analog and digital clocks to the nearest five minutes, using a.m. and p.m.